2. Veggie “Noodles”
I am taking you through the entire process of making this meal..
Sauce serves 4, pasta serves 2
(I make enough chicken sauce for leftovers..leftover just make life so much easier)
Ingredients for Veggie “Noodles”
1 medium yellow onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
Ingredients for Chicken Pasta Sauce
1 chicken breast
2 large tomatoes
2 Serano peppers
1 medium white onion
1/3 bunch of cilantro
2 tsp crushed garlic
salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
Step By Step directions
1. Bring water to a boil and add chicken breast. Boil until you can shred with a fork and the chicken has cooked thoroughly (about 15-20 minutes)
2. While your chicken is boiling, thinly slice the yellow onion & bell peppers and set aside. Then use a peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. These will be your noodles.
3. Saute the bell peppers and onions in oil (we will add the zucchini later).
4. While the chicken finishes up boiling, and you are sautéing the bell peppers and onions in oil, make the sauce for the pasta. Combine 2 large tomatoes, 1 Jalapeño, 2 Serano peppers, 1 medium white onion, 1/3 bunch of cilantro & 2 tsp crushed garlic in a food processor then blend. Then add salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.
5. Shred the chicken with a fork and add to a pan. Add the salsa sauce and cook on medium for a few minutes.
6. Add the peeled zucchini slices to bell pepper mix once the bell peppers and onions are cooked all the way. Only cook for about 1-2 minutes. The zucchini will sauté quickly.
7. Serve chicken salsa sauce over veggie noodles and enjoy!
8. Top with guacamole!