I love croc pot recipes on those days I wont be home until late or have time to cook. In the morning I add everything to my croc pot, leave for the day, and come home to the smell of a warm delightful dinner.
32 oz vegetable or chicken broth
1 1/2 cups yellow squash or zucchini
2 1/2 cups cauliflower
1 broccoli crown
1 large carrot
1 cup wheat berries (can sub with quinoa)
1 red onion
6 garlic cloves
2 large heirloom tomatoes
salt, pepper, onion & chili powder
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a pot and add 1 cup of wheat berries. Simmer for 1 hour, then add wheat berries to a croc pot with broth.
2. Cut up onion + garlic cloves and sauté in a pan. While they are sautéing chop up the squash (or zucchini), cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot, and add to the croc pot.
3. When onions and garlic are finished sautéing, add those to the pot as well.
4. In a blender or food processor, blend up tomatoes with the juice of 1 lemon and add to the pot.
5. Finally add 1-2 dashes of wine and the seasonings. Top it off with water until fluids are 1 inch above vegetables.
6. Cook on medium heat all day.
It sounds like a long process, but it only takes about 15 minutes of total prep time.