I got it down!
Who would have thought avocados and almond or peanut butter could complement each other so well?
I had a beautiful weekend. Who says you can’t eat healthy while eating out?
First I went to a Farmers market with the fam, and we indulged in a delicious vegan tamale.
And had yummy salads for lunch
AVOCADO TART RECIPE
Yields 7-8 tarts
For the filling:
1/2 near death banana
1 leaf of kale
8 stevia drops or another sweetener
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp maple syrup
For the crust:
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup pecans
4 pitted dates
what to do
1. Blend the pie crust ingredients in a food processor.
2. Spoon crust into individual cupcake liners and pack in by pressing spoon on crust.
3. Put in freezer.
4. Blend filling ingredients in the processor, just use kale leaves, no stem!
5. Spoon filling into crust filled liners and let set in freezer for a couple hours
6. When ready, take out and top with almond butter or peanut butter. I liked the almond butter the best. Let thaw before eating. Eating it frozen tastes weird, and don’t let it thaw too much or it will not hold together.
Tomorrow I will show you what to do with the leftover crust crumbles!