I was so excited when I came up with this idea..and was even more excited when they turned out perfect!
My recipe does have more calories than the Reese’s brand but that is because coconut oil and peanut butter are the bulk of the peanut butter cup and Reese’s is sugar. Fats have 9 calories per gram and sugars have 4 calories per gram.
Yields 8 Cups
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp cacao powder
2 tsp agave nectar
15-20 drops of stevia
1/4 cup Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp coconut flour
You need cupcake liners as well.
what I did
1. Mix peanut butter, sugar and flour in a bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil on stovetop or in microwave.
3. Mix the cacao, agave and stevia in the coconut oil in a cup.
4. Pour a spoonful of chocolate in cupcake liners. Make sure that it fills the bottom.
5. Roll balls of peanut butter and flatten them in you palm. Make them smaller than the base of
the cupcake liner so there is a chocolate ring around them peanut butter. Place the “coin shaped” peanut
butter in each liner on top of the layer of chocolate.
6. Top off with more chocolate and let them set in fridge for at least 1o minutes.
7. Store in Freezer.